Who Should I Call Before I Dig In My Yard?

To avoid the risk of hitting underground utility lines, call Kentucky Underground Protection, Inc. at 1-800-752-6007 at least two days in advance and ask to have lines marked before you begin working.

BUD Center Operation regular business hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. est.  After business hours requests are taken only for emergencies.


Before You Dig Color Code:


How Do I Read My Meter?

Guessing can be fun sometimes.  But it's no fun trying to guess the amount of your next bill.
Learning to read your meter is the best way to avoid guesswork.  You'll know, whenever you want to, just how much electricity you've used during the month.



What Can I Do To Save On My Electric Bill?

Powerful money saving ideas from Mayfield Electric & Water Systems and TVA.



Can I Connect or Disconnect My Electric Service Over the Phone?

No.  All new customers must come to our office and present a copy of a lease and/or deed, driver’s license or some form of picture id, and social security numbers of all adults living in the household.

When disconnecting service, the customer who holds the account with MEWS can choose to our office and show a photo ID OR go to our online Service Requests page and choose to terminate services online. When disconnecting service, we will need a forwarding address and telephone number in order to ensure the final bill or deposit refund reaches the correct destination


Does MEWS Ever Estimate My Electrical Usage?

Not unless we cannot get to the meter because of locked gates, unfriendly dogs, or passage to the meter is blocked. Otherwise we read our meters every month rain or shine.


Can I Change the Due Date On My Bill?

YES! MEWS customers have the ability to select a due date that fits your budget and pay-day schedule. Customers are able to choose a due date from the following days of the month: 5th, 12th, 19th. Graves County Water District customers will still be due on the 10th of every month. If you are not a new customer and would like to change your due date, go to our Online Service Requests page and choose the Change Your Due Date Request. If a current customers chooses to change their due date, they should be aware that the first bill after the date change may have a lengthened billing period due to the previous reading schedule. Once the due date for a customer bill has been changed, it cannot be changed again for 12 months.


How Can I Get Outdoor Lighting For My Home or Business?

MEWS offers a variety of outdoor lighting choices and we can help you determine the best way to use them to add safety, security, and convenience to your home or business.



Why Does MEWS Trim Trees?

Mayfield Electric & Water Systems maintains a tree trimming program to promote public safety, reliable service, and cost control.



Why Was My Clock Blinking When I Got Home From Work?

Most likely, it was a momentary power interruption (MPI), which is a temporary fault on the electric system.  Learn more about them.